Monday, December 26, 2011

Crockpot French Onion Soup

One of the wonderful meals that I remember having when I was growing up was French Onion Soup. I always loved the taste of it and try to make it once in a while now that I'm all grown up! :) I found this recipe when I was assigned this blog for Secret Recipe Club and it was one of the two that I actually made before that posting date... It was super easy and tasted wonderful!! Now, if only I could turn my kids onto nothing but soup and broth we would be having this quite often! Guess it's an acquired taste...



Crockpot French Onion Soup
(recipe found at www.iwasborntocook.blogspot.com)

3 onions, sliced
3 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 (32 ounces) containers beef broth
french bread
gruyere cheese

Turn crockpot on high, add butter and let melt. Add onions, cover and cook for 45-50 minutes until they have caramelized. Mix flour, worcestershire, sugar and pepper in a bowl. Slowly add mixture, along with broth, to crockpot, stirring well while adding. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Top bread with cheese and toast for about 20 minutes at 250. Pour soup into bowls and top with bread slices.

Serves: 5
Points: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment